[GeoJSON] GeoJSON, Linked Data and JSON-LD: examples and experiments?

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 08:18:52 PST 2014

Hi Thijs,

I've been experimenting with JSON-LD and GeoJSON since last spring and
blogged about it recently:
http://sgillies.net/blog/2014/01/22/json-ld-and-geojson.html. Sebastian
told me that he followed my notes from
http://sgillies.net/blog/1179/dumpgj-json-ld-and-crs/ in making his data.

I'd like to do something about the blank nodes in dumpgj's context now that
JSON-LD is finished and we've submitted our GeoJSON I-D to the IETF.

Yours,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM, Thijs Brentjens
<thijs at brentjensgeoict.nl>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently the W3C pulished the JSON-LD recommendation,
> http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/, for Linked Data.
>
> In the Netherlands Linked Data gets quite some attention recently, also in
> the geospatial domain. And many (geospatial) developers really like
> GeoJSON. My impression is that JSON-LD could be used quite well in
> conjunction with existing data in JSON, and therefore GeoJSON. I'll be
> experimenting with the combination.
>
> Therefore I was looking for some already existing examples and experiments
> on JSON-LD and GeoJSON. I found this nice example:
> https://github.com/sfsheath/roman-amphitheaters/blob/
> master/roman-amphitheaters.geojson
> Does anybody know of other examples? And/or has some experiences or ideas
> to share?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Thijs