[GeoJSON] GeoJSON, Linked Data and JSON-LD: examples and experiments?

Thijs Brentjens thijs at brentjensgeoict.nl
Mon Jan 27 08:49:07 PST 2014

Hi Sean,

Thanks, that's interesting!

One of my ideas is, if we have some well known/used vocabularies and
these are used in the data, you could develop functionality in libraries
on top of that. For example, if parsing geojson for a mapping
application and you stumble upon a property dcterms:title for a feature,
you could directly use that as a header in a popup for example. No need
for configuration or what so ever. Adding context to GeoJSON data could
be very helpful for rapidly creating applications, I think. This is one
of the reasons why I'm interested. And JSON-LD seems quite simple to
use, without breaking existing applications.

So happy to hear more and will certainly post any results.

best regards,

Thijs