[GeoJSON] GeoJSON, Linked Data and JSON-LD: examples and experiments?

Thijs Brentjens thijs at brentjensgeoict.nl
Mon Jan 27 07:39:08 PST 2014

Hi all,

Recently the W3C pulished the JSON-LD recommendation,
http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld/, for Linked Data.

In the Netherlands Linked Data gets quite some attention recently, also
in the geospatial domain. And many (geospatial) developers really like
GeoJSON. My impression is that JSON-LD could be used quite well in
conjunction with existing data in JSON, and therefore GeoJSON. I'll be
experimenting with the combination.

Therefore I was looking for some already existing examples and
experiments on JSON-LD and GeoJSON. I found this nice example:
https://github.com/sfsheath/roman-amphitheaters/blob/master/roman-amphitheaters.geojson

Does anybody know of other examples? And/or has some experiences or
ideas to share?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Thijs