[GeoJSON] Maps for GeoJSON files on GitHub

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Jun 14 17:07:34 PDT 2013

Keep in mind you can have as many pull requests as branches (that is, as
many as you want).  Seems like there might be some confusion here about the
relationship between forks and pull requests (the relationship is between
branches and pull requests).

That aside, naming the same files .geojson makes sense to me.

So just add a `git checkout -b renaming-for-github-awesomeness master` to
your steps above and you can create a fresh pull request.

Tim

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Stefan Drees <stefan at drees.name> wrote:

> On 2013-06-13 19:40 CEST, Sean Gillies wrote:
>
>> High fives, everyone:
>>
>> https://github.com/blog/1528-**there-s-a-map-for-that<https://github.com/blog/1528-there-s-a-map-for-that>
>> https://help.github.com/**articles/mapping-geojson-**files-on-github<https://help.github.com/articles/mapping-geojson-files-on-github>
>>

> very nice and thanks a lot for spotting and spreading "this".
>
> That reminds me of the single file copies per GeoJSON example I generated
> and placed inside .js extension files. (I already renamed these in my
> forked repo to .geojson but as a pull request on master is already pending
> .... )
>
> Would we all like to - for the beauty of it all - do something like:
>
> $ cd $repo_root
> $ cd js
> $ rename -s .js .geojson *.js
> $ git add *.geojson
> $ git rm *.js
> $ echo 'The extension has been changed from .js to .geojson as a) these
> are GeoJSON samples
> and b) to test the new github feature automatically rendering a nice
> display in the users browser
> for files ending in .geojson.' >> README.txt
> $ git add README.txt
> $ git commit -m "renamed the single copies per GeoJSON example in the
> document to trigger the new GeoJSON display rendering on github"
>
> What do the others think :-?)
>
> All the best,
> Stefan.

Tim Schaub