[GeoJSON] Maps for GeoJSON files on GitHub

Stefan Drees stefan at drees.name
Fri Jun 14 05:10:31 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-13 19:40 CEST, Sean Gillies wrote:
> High fives, everyone:
>
> https://github.com/blog/1528-there-s-a-map-for-that
> https://help.github.com/articles/mapping-geojson-files-on-github

very nice and thanks a lot for spotting and spreading "this".

That reminds me of the single file copies per GeoJSON example I
generated and placed inside .js extension files. (I already renamed
these in my forked repo to .geojson but as a pull request on master is
already pending .... )

Would we all like to - for the beauty of it all - do something like:

$ cd $repo_root
$ cd js
$ rename -s .js .geojson *.js
$ git add *.geojson
$ git rm *.js
$ echo 'The extension has been changed from .js to .geojson as a) these
are GeoJSON samples
and b) to test the new github feature automatically rendering a nice
display in the users browser
for files ending in .geojson.' >> README.txt
$ git add README.txt
$ git commit -m "renamed the single copies per GeoJSON example in the
document to trigger the new GeoJSON display rendering on github"

What do the others think :-?)

All the best,
Stefan.