[GeoJSON] Integrating GeoJSON with other kinds of data via JDIL

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Fri Jun 1 08:49:52 PDT 2007

Actually, this is a legal GeoJSON object (see Rule 2: The GeoJSON
object may have any number of members (name/value pairs).):

{
    "@namespaces":  {"":"http://whateverthegeojsonuriturnsouttobe"}
    "type": "Point",
    "coordinates": [100.0, 0.0]
}

and so is this:
{
   "@namespaces":  {"":"http://whateverthegeojsonuriturnsouttobe",
                    "foo":"http://fooisgood.com"}

    "@type": "foo:myhouse",
    "type": "Feature",
    "geometry": {
        "type": "LineString",
        "coordinates": [
            [100.0, 0.0], [101.0, 1.0]
        ]
    },
    "properties": {
        "prop0": "value0",
        "prop1": "value1"
    }
}

So I think what you would really need is a note on the JDIL site
about conventions for turning GeoJSON into GeoJDIL.

	Allan