[GeoJSON] Integrating GeoJSON with other kinds of data via JDIL

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Fri Jun 1 10:55:48 PDT 2007

Andrew Turner wrote:
> This seems like a very good proposal, but Sean does have a valid point.
>
> What would the thoughts be on not requiring the namespace if the data
> was *just* GeoJSON, but require the namespace when the geo is brought
> into other JSON/JDIL data?
>
> Andrew

Right, I was imagining (for JDIL) wrapping GeoJSON in something like
{
     "@namespaces": {
         "geojson": "http://namespace.geojson.org/1.0/"
     },
     "@type": "geojson:FeatureCollection",
     "geojson:object": object
}

where object is a GeoJSON FeatureCollection object as described in our spec.

This would mean nothing at all for the GeoJSON spec.  Additional members
could be added throughout the GeoJSON object, giving you additional
@type or @id values.

Would this do the trick?  To be clear, I'm talking about doing nothing
to the spec - only encouraging folks to wrap GeoJSON in something like
the above if they want to integrate data JDIL style.

Tim