[GeoJSON] spec clarification of CRS

Tim Schaub tschaub at boundlessgeo.com
Wed Dec 11 14:10:50 PST 2013

Hey Raj,

The key part for me is that the spec must work for clients "without
the ability to dereference any CRS definition" (as Martin put it).
Any web client already deals with "top" and "left" rendering concepts.
 Having a feature format that provides coordinate values that can be
"mapped" to these orientations is useful.  Having a format that
requires a separate lookup to know what the values mean imposes an
unnecessary burden (even if you could point me to the service that
provides axis order for arbitrary CRS identifiers).

WMTS is tragically comical in this regard.  Its <TopLeftCorner>
element contains two values, but clients can't determine which one is
"top" and which one is "left."

Tim