[Geojson] Conclusion on Circles/Ellipses

andy e virtualandy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:34:54 PST 2011

Oh no! So what you're saying is, you're gonna let Windows Phone support
Ellipse Geom's (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.media.ellipsegeometry(v=vs.95).aspx)
but not GeoJSON? ;)

Seriously, thanks for letting us take part in trying to change the spec.
Not having ellipses aren't the end of the world, obviously.

Although, if this is true:

>The spec allows any number of additional members. So right now there's
nothing to preclude someone from doing

> { "type": "Point", "coordinates": [100.0, 0.0], "Radius" : 1.0, "Units" :
"meters" }

That might work better than what we are doing now, where we store
axis/rotation info in the properties array.

Re: radius/accuracy, I can try to explain what we're doing in more detail
to help with making sure that makes sense in any tweak to the spec, but
circles aren't really that important (as mentioned, I just threw them). And
we are dealing with geometries, not any sort of 'accuracy' value, really,
so that's not all that useful from our end.

Thanks,

Andy

p.s. Sorry Tim, I keep forgetting to reply to the list. I blame Gmail...