[Geojson] Help develop fleet tracking app using Latitude

AbeS abestru at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 22:02:11 PDT 2009

Hi
I am interested in info on how to develop an application for fleet tracking
a group of 400+ volunteers who are on the road (Metro NY area as far south
as Baltimore, north to Boston) driving patients to and from hospitals, they
all use their own vehicle and phones from multiple different carriers.

I have a custom dispatch program where I would like to add a feature of
tracking via cell phones the location of the volunteers to be able to send
the closest member, so I need a company that will gather the data from the
cell phones and send to my server.

I also want to add capability of sending out a text message to group who are
at a specific radius close to a needed location.

I know there are many commercial programs with those features, what I need
is that, I cant afford to install on a few hundred vehicles hardware so I
need to track GPS enabled Cell phones, mostly Blackberry’s or other Java
enabled phones.

I would like to have the option of buying a license for up to a certain
amount users, not for each individual unit, because the volunteers keep on
changing.