[Geojson] [georss] simple 3D geocode for AR

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Fri Aug 28 07:54:23 PDT 2009

All -

Another document that is in the IETF standards track is HTTP Enabled
Location Delivery (HELD) draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-15.txt .
The document describes a Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP)
that  is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network. Again, this is not a "simple" or lightweight. However, there
are elements that may be useful in discussions related to what Mike has
asked. I should also note that HELD is gaining significant implementation
acceptance in the internet infrastructure community and will be a mandated
standard for use in the Next Generation 9-1-1 deployment.

Regards

Carl