[Geojson] Fixing problems in section 4

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 13 10:56:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:37:41PM -0400, Keith Jenkins wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> wrote:
> >  The default case is already done exactly right in the spec. We could
> >  make it more clear that almost every open source GIS user could use the
> >  default instead of specifying "EPSG:4326".
>
> I'd agree that this should be emphasized.  The main conflict regarding
> coordinate order seems to be rooted in the problem that EPSG:4326 is
> defined in lat,lon order as opposed to the standard x,y.  So the
> simplest thing would be to avoid making reference to it.

But there are a number of projections which are y,x and have no
alternative (including in the OGC URN space), so if there is actually a
problem for EPSG:4326, it also exists for EPSG:4157, and although there
is a workaround for EPSG:4326, there isn't for EPSG:4157.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta