[Geojson] coordinate order

Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos pvretano at cubewerx.com
Sat Mar 8 15:49:04 PST 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:34:25AM -0700, Tim Schaub wrote:
>> Makes things a bit more complex for clients who know about CRS and
>> simpler for the rest.
>
> Agreed. I like the change. I never liked the absolute restriction on
> EPSG identifiers, and this puts the onus on people who want to use them
> to do so such that the meta-information in the CRS object describes what
> clients need to know, and allows for clients who need more to get what
> they want.
>
> Importantly, No existing data will be made invalid by the changes we've
> made.
>
>> I think this thing is ready to let out into the wild.
>
> Agreed. Currently we have GeoJSON in use by:
>
> Libaries:
>  * OpenLayers
>  * OGR (http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_geojson.html)
>  * MapFish Java implementation?
>    https://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/ticket/73
>  * GeoJSON Python Library, http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GeoJSON/1.0a3
>  * Shapely (GeoJSON Geometries)
>
> Servers:
>  * FeatureServer
>  * GeoServer
>  * WPServer
>  * Pleiades?
>  * Knowhere? I Think.
>
> Desktop Apps:
>  * FME
>  * Cadcorp SIS (I hear? can't find a link)
>  * Arc2Earth, according to http://tinyurl.com/2oo5o8
>
> Web Services:
>  * geo:truc, http://www.geotruc.net/
>  * FireEagle, I hear?
>
> Are there more that I'm forgetting?  I googled for a while, but couldn't
> find anything else obvious.
>
> Is there any reason not to 'go to 1.0' with the current specification?
>
> Regards,

Chris,

Don't forget CubeSERV from CubeWerx.  We server GeoJSON too.

http://www.pvretano.com/cwwfs/cubeserv.cgi?datastore=TEST&service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=AEROFACP_1M&outputFormat=JSON&maxFeatures=10

We did an interop experiment with Martin Daly from Cadcorp a while back
and he confirmed that he was able to read from our server.

I have not updated our server recently so it may be a version or two out
of date but I will get to that soon.

Ciao.

--
Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos          CubeWerx Inc.
Big Kahuna (Senior Database Developer)  http://www.cubewerx.com
Tel. 416-701-1985 Fax. 416-701-9870     pvretano at cubewerx.com

"If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light,
  and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?" --Stephen Wright