[Geojson] coordinate order
crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Mar 8 12:20:46 PST 2008
On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:34:25AM -0700, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Makes things a bit more complex for clients who know about CRS and
> simpler for the rest.
Agreed. I like the change. I never liked the absolute restriction on
EPSG identifiers, and this puts the onus on people who want to use them
to do so such that the meta-information in the CRS object describes what
clients need to know, and allows for clients who need more to get what
Importantly, No existing data will be made invalid by the changes we've
> I think this thing is ready to let out into the wild.
Agreed. Currently we have GeoJSON in use by:
* OGR (http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_geojson.html)
* MapFish Java implementation?
* GeoJSON Python Library, http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GeoJSON/1.0a3
* Shapely (GeoJSON Geometries)
* Knowhere? I Think.
* Cadcorp SIS (I hear? can't find a link)
* Arc2Earth, according to http://tinyurl.com/2oo5o8
* geo:truc, http://www.geotruc.net/
* FireEagle, I hear?
Are there more that I'm forgetting? I googled for a while, but couldn't
find anything else obvious.
Is there any reason not to 'go to 1.0' with the current specification?
More information about the GeoJSON