[Geojson] Features without geometry

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Thu Sep 20 08:11:43 PDT 2007

I agree (I think) with Stephen.

GeoJSON seems to have defined it's own, stand-alone format that
happens to be in JSON notation. This is different from GeoRSS which
merely added geographic extensions to the RSS & Atom formats (and uses
XML notation).

What I think Stephen is looking for, and I would be to, is merely a
path for using GeoJSON to "add geometry" to more complete JSON
objects. This is "flipped" from what the last example on the draft is

e.g.

{
  "@namespaces": {"":"geo":"http://geojson.org/ns#",
"atom":"http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"},
  "blog" : {
    "posts" : [
      {
        "type" : "atom:item",
        "atom:summary": "post 1",
        "atom:description" : "i love blogging"},
      {
        "type" : "atom:item",
        "atom:summary": "post 2",
        "atom:description" : "i love geoblogging"
        "location" : {
          "type", "geo:Point",
          "geo:coordinates": [-120, 40]
        }
      },
    ],
    "location" : {
        "type", "geo:Box",
        "geo:coordinates": [[-121, 39], [-119, 41]]
      }
    }
  }
}