[Geojson] FW: GeometryCollection not treated as a Geometry type

Stephen Battey Stephen.Battey at dottedeyes.com
Tue Oct 9 02:09:31 PDT 2007

I've put this change into draft 5.
http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_5&diff=165
&oldid=163

I'm still not 100% happy that the term "GeoJSON geometry object" is
formally introduced in section 3.2.
In other sections the wording used is something like:
 >  A GeoJSON object of type "Feature" ...
But that wording doesn't work in this case because we want to refer to a
group of types - we need a collective name.
I quite like "GeoJSON geometry object", it sounds like an
extension/sub-set of "GeoJSON object".

Steve

Email has been scanned for viruses and spam by Altman Technologies