[Geojson] GeometryCollection not treated as a Geometry type

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Mon Oct 8 06:57:36 PDT 2007

Interesting thoughts - but I'm not sure what your point is
specifically with regards to GeoJSON?

I wasn't sure what ISO19107 was:
ISO 19107:2003 specifies conceptual schemas for describing the spatial
characteristics of geographic features, and a set of spatial
operations consistent with these schemas. It treats vector geometry
and topology up to three dimensions. It defines standard spatial
operations for use in access, query, management, processing, and data
exchange of geographic information for spatial (geometric and
topological) objects of up to three topological dimensions embedded in
coordinate spaces of up to three axes.

Also, here are some pertinent links for reading ISO 19107 without
paying large amounts of money:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommittees.standards.org.au%2FCOMMITTEES%2FIT-004%2FPRIVATE%2FI0028%2FISO%252019107%2520.pdf&ei=mTQKR_DND5jeiAHGwpzICQ&usg=AFQjCNF2ZYY-rNAQis_KrfVQb6GOMpNgww&sig2=yKcLMO_iFIeb3liOvVvmJw

OGC's take on the ISO 19107
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/as

Andrew

Andrew Turner