[Geojson] polygon point order

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 12 18:05:28 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 08:46:32PM -0400, Andrew Turner wrote:
> I think there should be a preferred, and/or assumed ordering. I don't
> like all this disfavoring of "global" trajectories and polygons.

For the record, I'm against describing how Polygon coordinates should be
interpreted as part of GeoJSON. GeoJSON is an encoding format once you
have a polygon. It doesn't tell you how to craft the polygon in the
first place.

The Geometry representation in GeoJSON can be whatever people want to do
with it. "Legal" geometries are beyond the scope, as far as I'm
concerned.

But I'm definitely willing to be overruled on this. If I am overruled,
then I would suggest that intepretation of Geometries be described by
reference to another well-known/well-understood specification, if any
such exists.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt