[Geojson] polygon point order

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Fri Oct 12 18:49:21 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> For the record, I'm against describing how Polygon coordinates should be
> interpreted as part of GeoJSON. GeoJSON is an encoding format once you
> have a polygon. It doesn't tell you how to craft the polygon in the
> first place.

You can say that, but the fact is, people will craft services and
interfaces that are public facing using GeoJSON - and not clarifying
this will just result in confusion or problems.

So better to agree on a standard spec now. GeoRSS & GML (I believe)
use CW ordering - not sure how they handle lines, but my example is
how I've seen them and also "makes sense" (to me)

--
Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com      42.2774N x 83.7611W