[Geojson] boundedBy?

Bryan Lawrence b.n.lawrence at rl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 06:10:12 PDT 2007

On Friday 02 November 2007 11:44:05 Andrew Turner wrote:
> I did voice that bounds: was perhaps a good idea b/c GeoRSS supports
> it as well. But I'm curious as to why "one definitely needs support
> for"? What are the use-cases that require, or strongly suggest,
> needing and utilizing a bounds of a larger set of individual entries?

We have datasets that aggregate datasets of features.  If I want a geospatial
search to work at the catalogue level (ie harvested from multiple
institutions), then it needs to work on the aggregated bounding box. (I'm
answering your question wrt to the need for overall bounding boxes, not wrt
to why bounding polygons coz I don't think you were asking that).