[GeoJSON] Point as list of one point, or list of coords

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 13 14:34:00 PDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 04:47:56PM -0400, Allan Doyle wrote:
> I could get behind different levels of geojson. In fact, it seems to
> me that if we define it right, people can choose which specific
> geometry types they support. If you're going to write a "red dot" app
> that only needs points, why bother implementing all the rest? Better
> that you feel comfortable using GeoJSON Point objects than feel like
> you need to invent yet another representation.
>
> Of if you're only dealing with GPS tracks, maybe you want Points and
> LineStrings, etc.
>
> GeoJSON - "the Chinese Menu of geo formats."

Testing conformance then becomes a problem of O(numgeoms) rather than
O(2).

The biggest problem for GeoRSS adoption was lack of validation and clear
specification. If you don't want to support GeoJSON simple, don't: but
just don't claim you're conformant to GeoJSON. Explain what you actually
are.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt