[GeoJSON] Clarification: FeatureCollection MUST NOT contain a properties member?

Pedro Goncalves pereira.goncalves at gmail.com
Tue May 2 02:53:14 PDT 2017

Hi Sean and all

Regarding the section 7.1 of RFC7946 that says
  The GeoJSON "geometry" and "properties" members define a Feature
  object.  FeatureCollection and Geometry objects, respectively, MUST
  NOT contain a "geometry" or "properties" member.

My interpretation is that the "respectively “ decomposes the sentence into
	* "FeatureCollection" object MUST NOT contain a "geometry" member
	* "Geometry" object MUST NOT contain a "properties” member

However, I got comments that this sentence could mean that FeatureCollection MUST NOT contain a "properties” member.

Can you please confirm the right assumption?

thanks and cheers

Pedro