[GeoJSON] Greetings and schemas

Erik Wilde dret at berkeley.edu
Fri May 30 23:54:41 PDT 2014

hello francis.

On 2014-05-30, 23:33 , Francis Galiegue wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Erik Wilde <dret at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> [...]>
>> the issue with JSON schemas is that there is no stable language to write
>> them in. there were and are a couple of proposals, but there isn't the one
>> language do rule them all such as DTD or XSD for XML.
> Eh? JSON Schema is an IETF draft. What do you mean here?
> Note that I _have_ written schemas for GeoJSON already; so I don't
> understand your objection at all here.

i wasn't objecting, i was simply pointing out the fact that the issue of
if and how to write schemas is a bit more contentious and difficult in
the JSON community than it is was in, for example, the XML community.

you might have noticed, for example, that the draft you are referring to
expired 3 years ago, and there is no activity around it anymore.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret at berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |