[GeoJSON] Greetings and schemas

Simser, Bil bil.simser at fortisalberta.com
Tue May 27 07:24:57 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

First time on the list so be gentle. I'm currently building a .NET library that converts KML to GeoJSON (basically a .NET version of a JavaScript project but I needed it for client/server operations). As I'm working through the project I found an initiative around creating schemas for JSON (http://json-schema.org/) and thought it might be useful to have a GeoJSON schema for validation (currently I'm just validating through code checks in unit tests).

Any thoughts around this? Is it useful? I'd be happy to build one as part of the work I'm doing and make it available to anyone.

Thanks!

PS if anyone is interested in my project it can be found at https://github.com/bsimser/GeoJSON.NET. I'm just working through supporting all the entities over the next couple of days (right now just polygons and some metadata is supported).