[GeoJSON] Three threads coming together

Pedro Gonçalves pereira.goncalves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 04:34:50 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff

No worries, I guess you are not alone trying to push GeoJSON further on OGC services

In the case of the OWS Context, the idea was to have a document where a view to a particular problem or scenario could be expressed.
These documents list a series of resources by direct links or inline content.
The resources can be any OGC services or any content defined by a MIME-type (URL or inline).
For each resource the OWS Context defines core metadata (e.g. title, authors, geospatial and temporal domain)

Last years we worked on this at a conceptual model and then we applied it in an Atom feed encoding.
This information is publicly available here  http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/owc
In particular the file :
	OGC OWS Context Atom Encoding Standard OGC 12-084r2
		https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=55183

The last months I've been working with OGC on the possibility to express OWS Context documents in a JSON or GeoJSON encoding.
I delivered this assessment on engineering report available here
	OGC® OWS-10 Rules for JSON and GeoJSON Adoption: Focus on OWS-Context
		https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=57477

Based on the findings of that report, the OWS Context Standard Working Group decided to explore the definition of a new standard that defines the OWS Context on a GeoJSON encoding. I drafted the initial document and it is currently being reviewed by the members of that group.

Please let me know of any comments or requirements that you (and everyone on this list) might see useful to clarify or to add

cheers

Pedro

Pedro Pereira Goncalves
@terradue