[GeoJSON] Fwd: data series, time series in GeoJSON

Matt Priour mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com
Thu Sep 19 10:00:38 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Matt Priour" <mpriour at kestrelcomputer.com>
Date: Sep 19, 2013 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [GeoJSON] Fwd: data series, time series in GeoJSON
To: "Matt McClure" <matthewlmcclure at gmail.com>

If you want extra dimensions in your crs then you should add them to the
end. If you prepend coordinates with time values, no existing geojson
parsers/readers are going to be able to properly represent those
coordinates. They will take the first value as x and second value as y and
may or may not do anything with 3rd or 4th coordinates.