[GeoJSON] Content-type

Erik Wilde dret at berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 3 09:17:35 PST 2013

hello billy.

On 2013-11-03, 09:01 , Billy Newman wrote:
> Is there a defined Content-Type for GeoJSON?  Searching archives looks like it has only been briefly mentioned.  If I am going to server out GeoJSON RESTfully it would be nice for my clients to be able to tell there are getting GeoJSON back, not just application/json that may or may not be GeoJSON.

afaict, there's no media type for GeoJSON. there was some discussion
around defining a profile (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6906) and then
using that, but that would actually depend on application/json
supporting a "profile" media type parameter, which it currently doesn't.
this might or might not change with the JSONbis draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis, but currently
there's no support for a profile media type parameter in it.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret at berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |