[GeoJSON] Removing CRS from GeoJSON

Stefan Drees stefan at drees.name
Thu May 16 11:32:11 PDT 2013

On 16.05.13 20:26, Sean Gillies wrote:
> All,
>
> How about this for a plan: submit an I-D that deprecates the old crs
> object, omits the new proposed crsURN object, and doesn't otherwise
> change the geojson.org <http://geojson.org> spec. After it is
> submitted, we reexamine the CRS situation in light of comments we'll
> (hopefully) get. My hypothesis is that this compatibility-breaking
> change doesn't actually break very much in practice.

I think this would be very good. Requests for comments are a good thing
:-) and there are mayn revisions imagineable: As an example Fielding,
R., Ed. and J. Reschke, Ed., "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1):
Message Syntax and Routing" draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-22, 23
February 2013.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging/. Have
finished the working group call for comments as of April, 30 and I think
there will be a draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-23 coming up ...

All the best,

Stefan.
odata-v4.0-wd02-part1-protocol-2013-05-16