[GeoJSON] A standard media type and file extension for GeoJSON or not?

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 08:52:08 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I've tried to summarize arguments for a GeoJSON media type at

  https://github.com/GeoJSONWG/draft-geojson/pull/11#issuecomment-19829159

With the new GeoJSON features at GitHub and CKAN it seems like we're near
the point where companies and projects may define their own different
GeoJSON media types and file extensions. Should we try to reach agreement
now and write it into the I-D or let it pass?

BTW, I'm still very interested in profiles, because they will help those
that want to mix GeoJSON into their own formats.

--
Sean Gillies