[GeoJSON] Future plans for GeoJSON

Stefan Drees stefan at drees.name
Fri Apr 26 07:07:17 PDT 2013

On 26.04.13 15:51, Howard Butler wrote:
> I think an IETF submission is a nice-to-have rather than a
> have-to-have for the GeoJSON community. IIRC, at the time there was some
> discussion about bringing it forward, and it's clear that the IETF
> process and format inspired the specification document itself (this came
> from Sean, IIRC). I personally see no problem with it, but I also don't
> have the bandwidth to make it happen. Someone with a strong desire and
> time to shepherd it through the process would need to do that. It sounds
> like you have a strong desire to do so...

indeed the GeoJSON community would probably already had undertaken these
steps, if it had been a MUST. I am happy, that you personally see no
problem with submitting to IETF, as I think it would be a good place for
this pragmatic spec.

I already offered my support in shepherding and hereby add to it, that
I'd really like to make it happen as long it is clear, that I a) do not
expect my name to be added as (if I had been) one of the editors and
claimed any credit I do not want to claim, and b) it is ok for the
authors, that I actually do start the submittal process.

So what do the others in the community think and how shall I proceed?

Stefan.