[Geojson] Binary GeoJSON

Reed Underwood reed at fm2279.com
Thu Feb 2 18:00:39 PST 2012

Steve,

Thanks for the response.

I'm using the OGC WKB format for serializing geometries in several projects. The idea here was to have a serialization standard for features along the lines of GeoJSON but a bit more compact and designed for binary serialization. The key is maintaining the mapping to standard JSON types.

WKB doesn't store attribute data. GeoJSON does. It also stores feature collections, and so on, which is attractive.

Best,
Reed