[Geojson] circles (was: Toward consensus on proposals)

andy e virtualandy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 10:05:04 PST 2011

Tim,

Nope, totally understand about wanting examples. Correct, ellipses/circles
on Earth. Unfortunately, can't give concrete examples in this setting, but
think along the lines of Circular Error (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_error_probable), where, while you
have a center point, the "point" may be anywhere within the ellipse/circle.
A la polygons.
GPS error/accuracy is another valid use case, I would think.

Thanks,

Andy