[Geojson] circles & units

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Nov 4 17:21:06 PDT 2011

I don't think we disagree.

The proposal I linked to says this:

    A properties value of "axis_units" is optional and may be used to
    specify units. A default of kilometers is otherwise assumed.

https://github.com/GeoJSONWG/geojson-spec/wiki/Proposal---Circles-and-Ellipses-Geoms

There has been discussion about it being silly to have center
specified in degrees and radius also in degrees.  Without this silly
default (same units), clients can't really do much with circles
(unless they know the meters per unit of all CRS they might
encounter).  Which is silly.

I think you agree with this.

Tim

Tim Schaub