[Geojson] [georss] [Geowanking] simple 3D geocode for AR

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Tue Sep 1 08:58:19 PDT 2009

Anselm -

Interesting comment WRT GML. GML is grounded in various ISO TC 211 documents, such as 19107 (spatial schema). GML is an XML grammar for encoding/modeling geospatial content and is not meant to be a rendering language. Anyway, GML supports the ability to define multiple CRS (including local/engineering) and the transforms/conversions associated with them. All GML CS and CRS elements are based on ISO 19111, spatial referencing by coordinates.

Regards

Carl