[Geojson] [georss] [Geowanking] openARML augmented Reality Markuplanguage ~ extended KML?

Carl Reed creed at opengeospatial.org
Fri Oct 9 10:28:16 PDT 2009

Should be an interesting discussion!

I would also add that many government organizations and private sector
companies provide geospatial content as GML application schemas. I would
encourage the group to consider developments in Europe for sharing (and
visualizing) 3d urban models using an application schema of GML called
CityGML. The German community especially is looking at CityGML and its role
in the AR domain. From a standards perspective, the sharing and
visualization of geo content for AR applications is multi faceted. Both
CityGML and KML may have roles in AR. Further, if there are location
elements to be added to an AR "language" or "grammar", I would really
encourage that community to be consistent with ISO 19107, which the
foundation abstract model for spatial schemas/geometry used by GML, GeoRSS,
KML (yes, geometry in KML is consistent with 19107), OGC Simple Features,
and so forth.

Just a thought :-)

Also, as a standards geek I shudder when I hear "custom extensions".

Regards

Carl