[Geojson] handedness of polygons

John R. Frank john.frank at metacarta.com
Sat Mar 29 16:28:14 PDT 2008

Does GeoJSON offer a way of indicating whether a polygon is clockwise or
counter-clockwise?  Forgive me if this is in a wiki somewhere; I haven't
found it yet.

While not all clients are sophisticated enough to make well-defined
polygons that have an unambiguous "inside" and "outside", displaying data
properly across the dataline or the poles requires well-defined
orientation.  So, it would be good if geojson enabled representation of
such information.

On the same note, has anyone found a good discussion of orientation issues
in KML for Google Earth?

Thanks,
John