[Geojson] Three more things...

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Sat Mar 15 10:46:24 PDT 2008

Martin Daly wrote:
> 1) Add a *requirement* that features must have either exactly the same
> CRS as their parent featureCollection, or none at all. the latter
> implying using the featureCollection CRS (where present)

Agreed. Mixed CRS would be obnoxious.

> 2) Add a *recommendation* that date properties are encoded by
> producers as ISO8601 strings, and parsed back into dates by clients
> (where possible)

I won't be using anything other than ISO8601/RFC3339, but I feel
non-geometry/CRS formats are outside the scope of GeoJSON.

> 3) Add a *recommendation* that all features in a featureCollection
> share the same set of properties (different values of course), to fit
> into the near-universal relational model
>
> Comments?

GIS folks will do that as a matter of course, but we may not be able to
convince people who want to do otherwise that it's important. Let's
leave schema up to the WFS or origin server if we can.

Sean