[Geojson] GeoJSON '1.0'?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 13 07:10:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:55:25PM -0000, Martin Daly wrote:
> I'm not sure that this is a trademark issue.  Isn't it this part of the
> usage terms (http://www.epsg.org/CurrentDB.html#use) the bit that
> matters:
>
> "No data that has been modified other than as permitted in these terms
> and conditions shall be described as or attributed to the EPSG dataset."
>
> Although... GeoJSON could not be described as supplying or modifying the
> data, merely referencing it with caveats.

Yeah, I don't think this is relevant. It seems clear from context that
"No data that has been modified other than as permitted in these terms
and conditions shall be described as or attributed to the EPSG dataset."
is about the *EPSG* data: using a number combined with the string EPSG
doesn't count at all, in my opinion. If that's really the basis of the
complaint, then this is a whole lot of hooey, as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta