[Geojson] coordinate order

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Sun Mar 9 10:04:28 PDT 2008

Hey-

Martin Daly wrote:
> For completeness should we also add:
>
> "coordinate_direction": [1,-1]
>
> or similar? That would allow south, west and down positive ordinates.
> Some country-specific (mostly projected) CRS-s are like this.

Isn't this getting to how a client would transform coordinates?  The
coordinate_order is required before a (CRS respecting) client can even
get to coordinates (in our coordinates array).  The coordinate_direction
only becomes relevant when you are transformimg to another CRS, right?

I guess the answer is that we're already transforming into pixel space
when we render - and we're making an assumption about coordinate direction.

I don't have experience doing GetMap requests (or any other) in a
flipped system - so I don't even know what an image looks like (which
side is up) when I ask for a bbox like (0, 0, 10, 10) when the
y-direction is flipped.

Tim