[Geojson] coordinate order

Dale Lutz Dale.Lutz at safe.com
Sat Mar 8 22:00:27 PST 2008

Hi,

For the record, I too think this is a great change.  I really like the way you've kept the "x is x" and still allowed those that really want swapped coordinate systems to eat their cake too -- they just need to be explicit about it.

FME indeed does support GeoJSON, and in fact at our user conference yesterday we were showing FME Server spitting GeoJSON into OpenLayers (Peter mentions this in his blog here
http://geothought.blogspot.com/2008/03/fme-user-conference-report.html).  FME 2008 is finalized now so it won't be able to correctly read any data that has the x/y flipped, but we'll get that into the next FME betas very shortly, and we don't write flipped x/y with FME 2008 so whatever we produce will still work fine as well.

I'll ask around at Safe to see if there's anything that we'd add to the current draft proposal, but our guys had already gone through things carefully and I fully expect that we'd heartily support calling the proposal a 1.0 as well.

Good job.

Dale

Dale Lutz              Safe Software Inc.           dale.lutz at safe.com
VP Development         Surrey, BC, CANADA        phone: (604) 501-9985
                       http://www.safe.com         fax: (604) 501-9965