[Geojson] State of the GeoJSON

Raj Singh raj at rajsingh.org
Thu Sep 27 15:28:43 PDT 2007

I'm a little confused by the wording here. Let me try a rewrite, with
the additional information that there are *no* EPSG codes that do
decimal degrees in lon, lat order:
   * Don't use EPSG codes if your data is in decimal degrees.
   * Support OGC URNs, e.g.
     {"type":"OGC",{"urn":"urn:ogc:def:crs:OGC:1.3:CRS84"}}
     for decimal degrees: lon, lat
   * EPSG:4326 in lon, lat order is called urn:ogc:def:crs:OGC:1.3:CRS84
   * If you can find an EPSG code that fits your data, you should prefer
     EPSG codes over OGC URNs.
   * If you can't find an EPSG or OGC code that fits your data,
      you should define a spatial reference URL. If you can't do that,
      you should not include an SRS at all.

---
Raj