[Geojson] GeoJSON Spatial Reference Changes, Meetup at FOSS4G

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 20 19:32:34 PDT 2007

http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_3&diff=144&oldid=133

Herein lie the changes to CRS (now known as SRS, which is what we really
want -- since CRS is a subset of a full SRS).

This includes the URL SRS changes, with the  'type' attribute included
and described and the existing example modified.

This does not include the type changes that Tim proposed, because no
opinion was offered by the community on the mailing list about them.
However, it seems clear that there is an outcry against them from one
contributor to the spec (see
http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_3&diff=132&oldid=131)
, so this bears further discussion.

Next week is FOSS4G: I think a majority of interested parties will be
there. We should plan to meet and discuss. At this point, I don't care
what the spec is, I just want something to call done. The fact that OL
2.5 is going to ship with something that is out of date before we even
ship it is frustrating -- but even more frustratrating would be if it
happened again for 2.6. (And it almost happened for 2.4.)

Shall we pick a time?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt