[Geojson] Outstanding Issues?

Raj Singh raj at rajsingh.org
Sun Oct 21 20:33:21 PDT 2007

 From my understanding of this OGC license (which is pretty good,
since I've talked it to death with staff this year, but I'm no
lawyer, etc...), all this says is do whatever you want but keep the
OGC copyright on it.

Now from my understanding of Creative Commons licenses, they have one
that basically says the same thing--attribution (<http://
creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/>). This leads to two questions:

1. Is the big deal with CC that you don't have to read a long
statement because the icon(s) will tell you what you can do, and re-
using a "standard" license means there can be nothing hidden in it?

2. Would adoption of a standard CC license increase the number of
readers of OGC documents?

---
Raj (OGC staffer)