[Geojson] GeometryCollection not treated as a Geometry type

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 5 14:50:33 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:33:25PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Currently, GeometryCollection is not treated as a geometry type. This is
> essentially an oversight -- up until now, the people primarily working
> on the spec didnt' really use GeometryCollection, to the best of my
> knowledge.

After re-reading the spec, I realized that we kind of treated
GeometryCollection as a geometry. But not really. I had bumped the
version before that (thinking 'oh, people support draft4 now, people
like OpenLayers 2.5'), but I'm just going to leave it at this point.

The change made to the spec is:

http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_5&diff=157&oldid=155

Feedback welcome. Going to go through the rest of the doc now and see if
it's unclear anywhere else.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt