[Geojson] FW: Features without geometry

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 2 13:23:39 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 01:45:57PM -0600, Sean Gillies wrote:
> Thank you for the correction. I much prefer
>
>    { "geometry": null }
>
> over
>
>    { "geometry": {"type": "Empty", ...} }

I can get down with that. My primary concern is that if it looks like a
duck, it has the same properties as a duck. Since 'null' doesn't look
like a duck, then it doesn't need to have any particular properties.

Would this alleviate the concerns of the original poster, if we said
"must have a property 'geometry', which must be a GeoJSON Geometry or
null" ?

Is there anyone against this?

http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_4&diff=153&oldid=151

Regards,