[Geojson] State of the GeoJSON

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Oct 1 07:15:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:28:43PM -0700, Raj Singh wrote:
> I'm a little confused by the wording here. Let me try a rewrite, with
> the additional information that there are *no* EPSG codes that do
> decimal degrees in lon, lat order:
>    * Don't use EPSG codes if your data is in decimal degrees.
>    * Support OGC URNs, e.g.
>      {"type":"OGC",{"urn":"urn:ogc:def:crs:OGC:1.3:CRS84"}}
>      for decimal degrees: lon, lat
>    * EPSG:4326 in lon, lat order is called urn:ogc:def:crs:OGC:1.3:CRS84
>    * If you can find an EPSG code that fits your data, you should prefer
>      EPSG codes over OGC URNs.
>    * If you can't find an EPSG or OGC code that fits your data,
>       you should define a spatial reference URL. If you can't do that,
>       you should not include an SRS at all.

Added:

http://wiki.geojson.org/index.php?title=GeoJSON_draft_version_4&diff=150&oldid=148

http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_draft_version_4#Specification

Feedback welcome.

I think if I don't hear anything in 2 days, we can call this RC1
(Wednesday noontime), and if we don't hear anything by the middle of
next week, we can call it 1.0. Does that sound sane?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta