[GeoJSON] Introduction

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Mar 15 10:07:04 PDT 2007

Hi, Sean here. I have a web application that uses a flavor of JSON

   http://icon.stoa.org/trac/pleiades/wiki/GeoJSON

to pass around features and map contexts for use with OpenLayers. The
features, btw, are modeled after Atom *not* after GML as it says in the
wiki (yes, I'm an Atomista). I'm looking forward hearing about how other
people are using JSON for geographic data. I'm also curious to learn how
people coming from the WFS (rather than Web) camp view JSON. Some of you
know me as a OGC W*S skeptic, but I'm going to leave that at the door
for these JSON discussions.

Cheers,
Sean

--