[GeoJSON] To GML, or not to GML, that is the question

Bernard Snyers bs at ionicsoft.com
Wed Mar 28 09:01:50 PDT 2007

John,

Some clarifications

About srs:
I agree that usually all features of a feature collection are expressed
in the same SRS. But this the geometry property who carries the  srs
information not another property of the feature. That allows (and it is
case in gml) to have several geometry properties expressed in different
SRSes and to have a feature collection which is not homogeneous  in
respect of srs.

About the model:
I simply do not want a model where properties cannot be  a feature or a
feature collection.  (like  the  simple profile for GML)

Hope this help

Bernard