[GeoJSON] To GML, or not to GML, that is the question

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Wed Mar 28 07:30:39 PDT 2007

Same here.  +1 on 2.  I do like a more 'object' approach than a bunch of
arrays, and I do like some of the GML constructs, but I feel a faithful
reconstruction of it will hamper us greatly.

And in general I don't much like the straight XML -> JSON translations.
  I think it makes sense to target Simple features initially, get that
really solid.  Stay away from namespaces and all kinds of complex stuff.
  Agree on the first iteration.  Then when we all feel happy with that
we can try to take on other issues.  If people need 'more' they can
extend the base we're working with.

Chris