[GeoJSON] AsJSON(geometry)

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Mar 19 07:29:07 PDT 2007

Martin Daly wrote:
>> I think that's needlessly fluffy. Once you know the typology,
>> you can deal with anonymous arrays-of-arrays perfectly well.
>
> I agree and prefer:
>
>     {"multipoint": "[[x00 y00], [x11 y11], ..., [xNN yNN]]"}

This was my initial feeling too. But I've already got objects in hand
with point members on the Python side of my application, and I'd like an
object or hash-oriented interface on the javascript side as well. Why
should I pack them into anonymous arrays just to unpack them again at
the other end?

>> The only exception is GeometryCollection... do you want to
>> handle anonymous collections?
>
> The OGC Simple Features set would seem to be a reasonable target, so I
> would say yes to GeometryCollection.
>
>> Which brings out the possibility of beyond-SFSQL types.
>> CurveString, CompoundCurve, CurvePolygon, from ISO SQL/MM.
>> Interest there?
>
> I think that we should master walking before we try to run.

Agreed.

Cheers,
Sean

--